Karim Batista was born in Boston, Massachusetts, but grew up in the Dominican Republic.
Mr. Batista graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in 2007 and a Bachelor of Arts degree in 2009 from Florida State University. He received his Juris Doctorate from Florida International University in 2013. During law school, Mr. Batista excelled in the Family & Education Clinic, Immigration & Human Rights Clinic and throughout his time in law school. Mr. Batista was admitted to the Florida Bar in 2013.
Mr. Batista focuses his practice in the areas of Family Law, Criminal Law (domestic violence issues), and Immigration Law (family-based visas) in Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach and Monroe County. He is very active with the FSU Miami Alumni Association, FIU Law Alumni Association, the Cuban American Bar Association, and the Hispanic National Bar Association.
- 2013 Florida International University College of Law , Miami, Florida
- 2009 Florida State University , Tallahassee, Florida Bachelor of Arts in History, Minor in Finance
- 2007 Florida State University , Tallahassee, Florida, Bachelor of Science in Political Science, Minor in History
- 2013 Community Service & Public Interest Award
- 2013 Family & Children Clinical Award
- Miembro Fundador de la Junta Ejecutiva, Colegio de Abogados Dominico-Americano
- Colegio de Abogados Cubanoamericano, Abogado Proyecto Pro Bono, febrero de 2014 - presente
- Junta Asesora Hispana, Junta de Comisionados del Condado de Miami-Dade County