Calle 100 No. 8a-55
Torre C Office 714, Bogotá, D.C.
+57 (1) 743-9219
Javier Coronado Diaz
Javier Coronado is a bilingual litigator skillful in advocating cases, conducting parallel investigations, advising litigation strategies, and negotiating resolutions in complex, high-stakes criminal and civil disputes. He brings legal experience in U.S. and Colombia to his practice, which includes international litigation in the areas of white collar-crime and government investigations.
Mr. Coronado counsels and represents individuals and corporations in matters involving domestic and foreign corruption, tax evasion, anti-money laundering laws, and financial fraud. He also advises clients in business transactions, corporate governance, and entity formation, particularly, in securing the client’s compliance with international, U.S. and Colombian legal standards, regulations, and best practices.
He is also experienced in handling constitutional and human rights litigation, including disputes before the Inter-American Court of Human Rights.
Apart from being a skilled transnational and bicultural litigator, Mr. Coronado is a noteworthy scholar in the areas of criminal law and procedure. He regularly serves as an adjunct professor at Pontificia Universidad Javeriana Law School in related courses, and writes articles and comments in the same fields for various law journals and widely publicized newsletters such as The Interamerican Dialogue and Latin Counsel.
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA, LL.M.
- Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Bogotá, Colombia, LL.B., with honors.
- New York
Areas of Practice
- Litigation, Arbitration & Mediation
- White Collar Criminal
- Regulatory Compliance
- Fraud & Asset Recovery
- Financial Institutions & OFAC
- Business & Finance Transactions
- Corporate & Business Services
Certifications & Specializations
- Specialization in constitutional law and litigation, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Bogotá, Colombia, with honors.
- International Bar Association, member.
- New York City Bar Association, member.
- Colombian American Bar Association, member.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, LL.M. Class President
- Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Centre for Studies in Criminology and Victimology, member and former director
- COLFUTURO scholarship