(only admitted to practice in Colombia)
3400 Miami Tower
100 S.E. 2nd Street, Miami FL 33131
Juan C. Villa
FIBA Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) and Senior Compliance Officer, Juan Villa is amply experienced and knowledgeable in anti-money laundering, as well as international law.
He adeptly handles business, civil, labor law, and criminal cases, and supports corporate and individual clients in financial project compliance including; accounts analysis, risk assessment, transactional analysis and monitoring, state and federal reports, fraud, high-risk accounts analysis, SAR, KYC, and etc.
Representative clients include:
- Bancaja Miami
- American Express International Bank
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Intercredit Bank
He has extensive experience in federal, state, and independent audits.
Mr Villa is only admitted to practice in Colombia.
- Universidad Externado de Columbia, law degree
- Universidad Externado de Columbia, business law
Areas of Practice
- Financial Institutions & OFAC
- Fraud & Asset Recovery
- International Government Relations
- Litigation, Arbitration & Mediation
- Regulatory Compliance
- White Collar Criminal
- Selected by the Bogotá Chamber of Commerce, Ministry of Justice, and International American Development Bank for its alternative-dispute-settlement-methodology project, focusing on negotiation, mediation, and arbitration procedures.
- American Bar Association
- Hispanic-American Bar Association
- Colombian Bar Association
- Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists
- Board of Directors, Colombian American Chamber of Commerce