Andrés Hernández practice includes corporate law, international tax, and estate planning for domestic and foreign high net worth individual and, assisting with fully compliant structures, both domestically and abroad, and providing succession planning solutions considering tax challenges of global wealth.
Andrés has experience advising high net worth individuals and their families on cross-border wealth, investments, and estate planning concerns with particular focus on issues arising from civil law and common law application. He also advised international corporations in different aspects of taxation, and corporate law, including restructuring operations, and advising on tax efficient structures in domestic and foreign investment projects.
Andrés also has significant experience advising individuals and fiduciaries in estate, trust, and probate administration, and representing clients on tax controversy matters before the IRS, including Streamlined Filing Compliance Procedures.
Andrés is fluent in English and Spanish.
- Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, GA (J.D., 2017)
Recipient, Merit Scholarship
- Northwestern University School of Law, Chicago, IL (LL.M. in Taxation, 2010)
- Northwestern University School of Law, and Kellogg School of Management, Chicago, IL (LL.M. and Certificate in Business Administration, 2009)
- Universidad Católica Andrés Bello, Caracas, Venezuela (Abogado LL.B. equivalent, 2006)
Areas of Practice
- Domestic & International Tax Planning
- Business & Corporate Transactions
- International Business Transactions
- Estate planning & Probate
- Asset Protection
- Tax Compliance and Controversies
- Fraud & Asset Recovery
- Florida Bar
- Member of Tax Law Section of the Florida Bar
- American Bar Association
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)