68 Central Yin Cheng Road
One Lujiazui, 22nd Floor
Pudong, Shanghai 200120, China
+86 (21) 61946706
Xingjian (Jeff) Zhao is a multilingual, U.S.-licensed, international attorney whose practice focuses on corporate compliance, dispute resolution, and appellate advocacy.
Currently based in Diaz Reus’ Shanghai office, Jeff specializes in handling complex commercial litigation and arbitration matters involving multinational entities and cross-border issues.
As part of his transactional practice, Jeff advises China’s largest consumer electronics and home appliances company on cross-border joint venture establishment and related negotiations in Latin America, the U.S., and the Middle East.
Jeff is also a skilled litigator and compliance specialist assisting multinational clients in resolving FCPA issues, claims of RICO and OFAC violations, civil actions brought under U.S. federal and state securities laws, and highly complex but recurrent issues of jurisdiction and venue (including challenges based on forum non conveniens and under the U.S. Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act), as well as claims of distributorship disputes and breach of contract.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, J.D., 2010
- Binghamton University, M.A., Philosophy, 2007
- Binghamton University, B.A., Philosophy, Politics, and Law, 2006
- Phi Beta Kappa, magna cum laude, minor in Anthropology
- S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- S. Court of Appeals for the Second and Eleventh Circuits
Areas of Practice
- Appeals & Trial Support
- Business & Finance Transactions
- Intellectual Property
- Litigation, Arbitration & Mediation
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Clerkship and Law Review
- Senior Staff, North Carolina Journal of International Law and Commercial Regulation (N.C. J. Int’l L. & Com. Reg.)
- Law Clerk, U.S. Department of Justice, Environment and Natural Resources Division, Environmental Enforcement Section (2010)
- Received the North Carolina Bar’s Certificate of Recognition for Superior Commitment to Public Service
- Phi Beta Kappa