3400 Miami Tower
100 S.E. 2nd Street, Miami, Florida 33131
Robert I. Targ
Robert Targ is a highly successful international and domestic litigator for individuals and institutions in complex, high-stakes money laundering, fraud, white-collar criminal defense, and customs cases.
Mr. Targ is a widely sought after seminar and conference speaker on asset seizure and forfeiture, and global money laundering issues for organizations such as the International Symposium on Economic Crime in Cambridge, UK, The Florida International Bankers Association, Bahamas Association of Compliance Officers, and the Bankers Association of Central and Eastern Europe.
Practice focus includes:
- federal trial and administrative matters involving asset seizures and forfeitures,
- health care fraud and abuse,
- criminal fraud and money laundering,
- criminal or civil matters involving customs laws and regulations.
Mr. Targ is rated AV Preeminent® by Martindale-Hubbell®.
- American University, J.D., 1977
- University of Maryland, B.A., 1974
- S. District for the Southern District of Florida
- S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
Areas of Practice
- Appeals & Trial Support
- Bankruptcy, Creditors’ Rights, Asset Collections
- Fraud & Asset Recovery
- Litigation, Arbitration & Mediation
- Regulatory Compliance
- White Collar Criminal
- International Symposium on Economic Crime in Cambridge, UK, 2016
- 14th Annual FIBA Anti Money Laundering Compliance Conference, Presenter
- Thirty-First International Symposium on Economic Crime, Cambridge, UK, Presenter
- 12th Annual FIBA Anti Money Laundering Compliance Conference, Panelist
- FIBA 2011 AML Conference “How to Integrate Fraud and AML to Protect the Bank,” Panelist
- “Session VII: Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs) – The issues”, Twenty-Eighth International Symposium On Economic Crime, University of Cambridge, September 5-12, 201o, Panelist
- Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ AV Preeminent® – AV Preeminent® is a significant rating accomplishment – a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence
- “Top Lawyers” 2013-2015, International Criminal Defense/Criminal Law, South Florida Legal Guide
- “Florida Super Lawyers” list 2007 – 2014 by Thomson Reuters’ Super Lawyers Magazine for his work in white collar criminal defense
- 2017 Florida Super Lawyers: Criminal Defense / White Collar