3400 Miami Tower
100 S.E. 2nd Street, Miami, Florida 33131
+1 (305) 375-9220
Patricia L. Diaz
Patricia L. Diaz is a highly experienced trial attorney and negotiator.
Prior to joining Diaz Reus in private practice, she served six years as Division Counsel for the Miami Field Division of the Drug Enforcement Administration—covering the State of Florida and the Bahamas—and spent twenty-one years as an Assistant United States Attorney for the Southern District of Florida prosecuting hundreds of complex, international money laundering cases.
She is uniquely qualified to guide clients through sensitive federal criminal investigations, prosecutions, and negotiations. Her experience with the inner workings of the DEA and the U.S. Attorney’s Office lends a multifaceted perspective in handling the defense of complex litigation in white collar crimes and money laundering.
“With my extensive background and know-how, I am often able to help clients navigate a successful resolution for their case, no matter how complex it may seem at the onset,” says Ms. Diaz. “As a Federal Prosecutor I spent most of my career assigned to the High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area Task Force, a task force dedicated to the investigation and prosecution of high level international money laundering organizations. Our work resulted in hundreds of successful prosecutions in numerous high profile cases.”
A member of the Florida bar since 1988, Patricia’s practice includes white collar criminal defense, internal corporate investigations, general civil litigation, civil and criminal forfeiture, money laundering, RICO, and dispute resolution.
- D., magna cum laude, University of Miami School of Law, Miami, Florida
- A., summa cum laude, Florida International University, Miami, Florida
- Florida Bar
Areas of Practice
- Financial Institutions & OFAC
- Fraud & Asset Recovery
- Litigation, Arbitration & Mediation
- Mediation & Conflict Resolution
- Regulatory Compliance
- White Collar Criminal
- Commissioner, Board of Commissioners, Housing Authority of Fort Pierce, FL
- Member, Miami-Dade Chiefs of Police Association
- Former member of the U.S. Court Rules Committee, Southern District of Florida
- Former member of the U.S. Court Magistrate Retention Committee, Southern District of Florida
- Department of Justice Director’s Award
- DEA Administrator’s Award
- Multiple Special Achievement and Meritorious Service awards and letters of commendation from the DEA, FBI, HHS, and other agencies.