3400 Miami Tower
100 S.E. 2nd Street, Miami, Florida 33131
Michael A. Harris
Florida Bar Board Certified Immigration attorney Michael Harris has a distinguished reputation in the field of Immigration and Nationality Law, representing multinational companies, executives, investors, and professionals, as well as acclaimed artists and athletes, academics, and families. His federal immigration law practice is focused on the complexities of a variety of business immigration visas, EB-5 investment immigration matters, family immigration matters, consular processing problems, and admission and removal cases for detained and non-detained clients.
As a board certified specialist with a global practice, Michael provides his clients expert, cutting edge information and advice on the latest business and investment-based immigration practices, and thoroughly prepares cases that are ready to face potential issues.
“Immigration law can have a critical impact on local, state and national economies, businesses, and commercial development. It is rewarding to know that jobs are created in the United States because of my work. In addition, it is a great morale booster when I can help a family in need of immigration counsel.”
Significant achievements as immigration counsel in EB-5 matters include:
- Approval for an EB-5 Regional Center in the U.S. Pacific Northwest based on two projects with combined capital stacks of over $500 million, and a desired EB-5 capital raise of over $250 million.
- Approval for an EB-5 Regional Center in the U.S. Gulf State region, which encompassed four states and five hotel projects with a combined capital stack of over $35 million.
- Representing individual EB-5 investors seeking to invest through USCIS-approved Regional Center projects, in EB-5 Direct Pooled Investments and Direct Standalone Investments in their own U.S. businesses.
- Involvement in diverse industries such as assisted living, food/hospitality, film distribution/production, gold and silver mining, and office/hotel construction.
- Juris Doctor Degree, Nova Southeastern University, 2007
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science & English, University of Florida, 1999
Areas of Practice
- Personal & Business Services
- Board of Directors, AILA South Florida Chapter, 2016 to Present.
- Committee Member, IIUSA Technology Committee, 2016 to Present.
- Co-Chair, Unlicensed Practice of Law (UPL) Committee, AILA South Florida Chapter, 2014 to Present.
- Committee Member, Congressional Committee, AILA South Florida Chapter, 2016 to Present.
- Committee Member, Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Annual Conference, AILA South Florida Chapter, 2015 to Present.
- Committee Member, Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Committee, AILA South Florida Chapter, 2016 to Present.
- Committee Member, CLE Luncheons, AILA South Florida Chapter, 2014 to 2016.
- Co-Chair, New Member Division, AILA South Florida Chapter, 2013-2014.
- Florida Bar Board Certified Specialist in Immigration and Nationality Law (among less than 1% of all FL Bar attorneys)
- AV Preeminent Peer Rating from Martindale-Hubbell