3400 Miami Tower
100 S.E. 2nd Street, Miami, Florida 33131
Louis V. Martinez
Louis V. Martinez has achieved an exceptional record, aggressively representing clients in civil and criminal investigations and litigation before federal and state courts. Highly experienced in jury trials at both state and federal levels, as well as directing pretrial discovery depositions, his cases have involved a wide range of matters, including health care fraud, mortgage fraud, construction fraud, money laundering, and high-profile criminal defense. He is a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (ACAMS).
“The law can be interpreted in many ways, but I have learned that the best prepared and best presented case almost always scores a win. In this regard, I am an aggressive advocate for my clients.”
Among his many notable cases are Florida v. Andrew Cashmere, who was facing up to life in prison and was acquitted of all charges despite overwhelming evidence against him, and U.S. v. Reynaldo Guerra, who faced over 30 years for Medicare Fraud in excess of $99 million. Mr. Martinez was able to secure a resolution for Guerra, who ultimately served less than six years in federal prison.
Fluent in English and Spanish, Mr. Martinez is frequently called upon by various media as a guest expert on topics ranging from high profile corruption, criminal law, and federal white collar crime.
He is proud to serve as the current Chairman of the Miami Dade Expressway Authority Board of Directors, appointed by the Miami-Dade County Commission.
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (ACAMS)
- Miami Dade Expressway Board of Authority, Chairman
- American Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Cuban American Bar Association
- Martindale Hubbell AV Rated
- “Top Lawyers,” South Florida Legal Guide
- J.D., DePaul University, Chicago, Illinois, 1994
- B.A., Loyola University, Chicago, Illinois, 1991
- Illinois (inactive)
- 11th Circuit Court of Appeals for Florida
- Northern Federal District Court of Florida
- Middle District of Florida
- Southern Federal District Court of Florida
Areas of Practice
- Litigation, Arbitration & Mediation
- White Collar Criminal