Ed. Berrini Plaza
Rua Samuel Morse 134, Brooklin, Sao Paulo
Leonardo Guimarães is a noted multilingual, Brazil-based international business attorney, skilled in corporate law, M&A, bankruptcy, international contracts, and judicial recovery.
A native Portuguese speaker, Mr. Guimarães is also fluent in English, Spanish and Italian.
Mr. Guimarães has written and lectured extensively on corporate-law issues and is the author of Requisitos Necessários ao Processamento da Recuperação Judicial (Necessary Requirements to Proceedings of the Judicial Recovery Action) and co-author of Direito de Empresa no Novo Código Civil (Corporate Law in the New Civil Code).
Educated at Minas Gerais Law School, Mr. Guimarães has advanced training from Harvard and Oxford universities.
- Graduated in Law from the Federal University of Minas Gerais (UMG)
- Master in Business Law from the Law School of UMG
- PhD Candidate, Faculty of Law, UMG
- Certificate of Law from Oxford University, UK
- Program of Instruction for Lawyers, Harvard University, U.S.
- Former professor of business law at Federal University of Minas Gerais Law School
Areas of Practice
- Bankruptcy, Creditors’ Rights, Asset Collections
- Business & Finance Transactions
- Intellectual Property
- International Government Relations
- Litigation, Arbitration & Mediation
- Real Estate