Palace Chicago, Narodni 58/32
118 00 Prague 1, Czech Republic
+420 212 344 444
Karolína Peake employs a highly personalized approach in handling a range of legal matters from dispute resolution, labor, and contract law to government relations, regulatory matters, immigration, family law, litigation, and real estate. Clients note her ability to see the “wider picture of their case” and carefully consider their views and interests.
Having served as a Member of Parliament and as Deputy-Prime Minister of the Czech Republic, Ms. Peake has a keen grasp of the public sector and political “know-how,” which she frequently employs in the cases she handles for her clients.
Her decision to enter the legal profession was highly influenced by the 1989 regime change in the former Czechoslovakia. “The political changes brought a very interesting, yet turbulent, development of the legal system, which was and still is interesting to be part of,” says Ms. Peake. “It is very rewarding to have served my country and to now use that knowledge to serve my clients.”
Fluent in Czech and English, over the course of her legal career she has successfully resolved family, labor, and other civil law cases, including preliminary injunctions and cases with international elements, such as international child-kidnapping.
- Masters, Law Faculty of the Charles University in Prague
- Graduate, Gymnazium Nad Aleji, Praha 6
- Certificate of Advanced English, University of Cambridge, London, UK
- English Language Course Work, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
- Licenced to practice in Czech Republic.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- International Government Relations
- Litigation, Arbitration & Mediation
- Mediation & Conflict Resolution
- Real Estate
- Regulatory Compliance