3400 Miami Tower
100 S.E. 2nd Street, Miami, Florida 33131
Karel Suarez, associate attorney, helps U.S. and foreign investors enter the Cuban market, navigating OFAC regulations and the U.S. embargo. He is passionate about helping people achieve success and justice, which is why he started a new life in the United States, emigrating from Cuba on his own at the age of 19 to fulfill his dream of becoming a lawyer. He says, “there is power in knowing the law and providing answers that cannot be found on the internet.”
Upon arriving in Miami, Florida, Karel first completed English studies at Miami-Dade College, and went on to earn his bachelor’s degree in Business Administration Management from Florida International University. He completed his formal studies, earning his law degree at Florida International University College of Law.
“My knowledge of the Cuban culture, international relations, U.S. law, and the current Cuban government is a significant benefit to Diaz Reus clients looking for commercial opportunities in Cuba,” he explains. Currently, he supports Diaz Reus partners, in matters of Cuban investment, U.S. commercial law, dispute resolution, and family and business immigration matters.
“I am eager to help investors enter the Cuban market, using the new regulations in place and my contacts in Havana.”
- Florida International University College of Law, J.D., Dean’s List Spring, Fall 2015.
- Thomas University School of Law, Dean’s List, Spring 2014.
- Florida International University College of Business, B.A, Business Administration.
- Miami Dade College, School of Business, A.A., Business Administration.
Areas of Practice
- Business & Finance Transactions
- International Government Relations
- Litigation, Arbitration & Mediation
- Personal & Business Services
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Cuban American Bar Association
- Phi Alpha Delta Mentschikoff Chapter
- Hispanic National Bar Association recognition by the Florida division for being elected National President of the Law Student Division
- Student Bar Association recognition by Florida International University College of Law for being elected Vice President of the student body.