3400 Miami Tower
100 S.E. 2nd Street, Miami, Florida 33131
Julio is licensed to practice law in the United States and in Brazil and is a member of The Florida Bar and the Brazilian Bar Association (“OAB”). Julio began practicing law over 30 years ago in Brazil and has spent most of his career focused on helping foreign clients, who want to do business in the United States, from business entities to individuals.
Through the years Julio has published several articles on a variety of topics, both in English and Portuguese, as well as three books in Portuguese (two as co-author) including “How to Export to the United States,” a guide through the complexities of doing business with American companies and “The Painful (and Taxing) Realities of Doing Business in Brazil.”
Julio has extensive experience in International Taxation and International Transactions. He has been assisting clients in a variety of cross-border transactions in Latin America and in the United States, from the distribution of products, and the creation of subsidiaries, to large investments in real estate properties.
In addition to the comprehensive legal services to foreign companies and business people who wish to do business in the United States, Julio is also able to assist Americans who wish to do business in Latin America through his close and long-standing relationships with some of the best lawyers and consultants in Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Ecuador, Mexico, and Colombia. These relationships allow him to provide complete legal services to clients throughout those countries, with comparative legal and regulatory analyses relevant to the matter at hand.
He has been invited as a featured speaker in more than a dozen countries throughout the Americas to discuss international trade, international taxation, arbitration, establishing entities and doing business in the United States.
Julio speaks English, Portuguese, Spanish and French.
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, FL (J.D., 2004)
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, FL (LL.M., 1999)
- University of São Paulo School of Law, São Paulo, Brazil (Specialization, 1989)
- Pontifical Catholic University School of Law, Campinas, Brazil (LL.B., 1977)
Areas of Practice
- Brazilian Law
- Broad-based International Law Practice
- Business & Corporate Transactions
- International Tax Planning
- Real Estate Transactions
- Since 2001: speaker in more than a dozen countries throughout the Americas on such topics as international trade, international taxation, arbitration, establishing entities and doing business in the U.S.A. as well as F.D.A and CBP regulations.
- Author of How to Export to the United States (2001): straight-forward, how-to manual written in Portuguese which still guides Brazilian businesses and individuals through the complexities of doing business, mainly exporting, to the United States.
- Former Associate of the Special Counsel of the Presidency, and Special Advisor to the Minister in Chief of the Military Office of Republic of Brazil.
- Guest speaker: Investir USA Expo, an event focused on Real Estate and Investment with a variety of topics featuring residential & commercial real estate, immigration, taxation, business expansion in the USA with a specific focus on Miami, Orlando, Atlanta, and NYC.