3400 Miami Tower
100 S.E. 2nd Street, Miami, Florida 33131
Gary E. Davidson
Gary E. Davidson represents clients all over the world from his office at Diaz, Reus & Targ, LLP, Miami. Throughout his distinguished career, Mr. Davidson has obtained favorable judgments on behalf of clients in complex international litigation, arbitration and commercial disputes, and he has served as an arbitrator and mediator in several high-profile cases. He has an AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®.
His victories include acting as lead counsel in arbitration against a South American airline that violated its charter agreement, a case that resulted in a $3.8 million award for the firm’s client; preserving the rights of the Honduran national soccer team to negotiate multimillion-dollar television contracts on its own behalf; and a significant fraudulent transfer judgment for a prominent Colombian company following a 10-day trial. These successes and others have earned him membership in the prestigious Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M., with distinction, International & Comparative Law
- University of Southern California, J. D.
- University of Southern California Annenberg School of Communications, M.A.
- Duke University, A.B., magna cum laude, public policy studies.
- Florida Bar
- Arizona Bar
- Washington D.C. Bar
- S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- First, Ninth and Eleventh Circuit Courts of Appeals
Areas of Practice
- Appeals & Trial Support
- Litigation, Arbitration & Mediation
- Executive Council, International Law Section of the Florida Bar (2006 – present)
- Steering Committee and Member, International Referral (2013-14)
- Chair, Second Annual Florida Bar International Litigation Seminar (2004)
- Chair, First Annual Florida Bar International Commercial Arbitration Moot Competition (2005)
- AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- “Top Lawyers” International Litigation and Arbitration, South Florida Legal Guide
- “Florida Super Lawyers” (International Law), Thomson Reuters’ Florida Super Lawyers Magazine
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Winner, 2011 “Most Effective Lawyer” (International Law), Daily Business Review.
Chambers USA 20172017 Florida Super Lawyers: International, Business Litigation
- 2017 Florida Super Lawyers: International, Business Litigation