Fausto Sanchez is a bilingual trial attorney based in Diaz Reus’ Miami office. His practice is focused on complex commercial litigation and white collar criminal defense, on both the trial and appellate level. He holds Board Certification in the area of Criminal Trial Law from the Florida Bar and is a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist. He is admitted to practice in the State Court of Florida, the Federal Court in the Southern District of Florida, and the District of Columbia. Mr. Sanchez is also a National Football League Certified Contract Advisor, representing professional football players in all aspects of contract negotiations.
Prior to joining Diaz Reus, Mr. Sanchez worked as an Assistant State Attorney in Florida’s Seventeenth Judicial Circuit, where he handled thousands of criminal cases, ranging from violent first-degree felonies to complex economic crimes. In his three years as a prosecutor, Mr. Sanchez tried nearly 50 cases before jurors of Broward County and received recognition for obtaining important convictions in cases involving habitual offenders.
Mr. Sanchez is a peer review rated AV Preeminent attorney by Martindale-Hubbell and is a Vice Chair on the International Ethics Committee for the American Bar Association section for International Law. He was selected as a Florida Super Lawyers Rising Star for 2017 and 2018.
- Nova Southeastern University, J.D.
- Florida State University, B.S.
- Federal Court, Southern District of Florida
- District of Columbia
Areas of Practice
- Athlete Representation & Entertainment Law
- Litigation, Arbitration & Mediation
- White Collar Criminal
Certifications & Specializations
- Board Certified Specialist in Criminal Trial Law
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (ACAMS)
- National Football League Certified Contract Advisor
- Martindale-Hubbell, Peer Review Rated, AV Preeminent
- Daily Business Review Professional Excellence Awards 2018: winner, On the Rise category.
- 2017 & 2018 Florida Super Lawyers Rising Star: Business Litigation, Criminal Defense: White Collar
- Negocios Magazine: featured as one of South Florida’s Best Trial Lawyers, 2017.
- Vice Chair for the International Ethics Committee of the American Bar Association
- Represented 30 U.S. auto dealers in two separate multimillion dollar lawsuits against Indian auto manufacturer for fraud and violations of various “Dealer Day in Court” statutes, obtaining favorable settlement on clients’ behalf.
- Represented Costa Rican investment funds in Delaware litigation brought by former investor, twice obtaining dismissal of all claims brought against clients.
- Lead appellate counsel for police officer convicted of DUI after being found asleep at the wheel of his police cruiser, obtaining a reversal of the trial conviction.
- Represented Honduran businessman and related companies in federal prosecution relating money laundering, as well as OFAC designations pursuant to the Kingpin Act.
- Represented individual charged with DUI after being found asleep at the wheel of his running vehicle, obtaining an acquittal of all charges at trial.
- Represented the State of Florida in criminal prosecution of individual who obtained legal title to two collector motorcycles pursuant to fraudulent mechanics’ liens, obtaining a conviction on all counts and recovering one motorcycle and over $40,000 in restitution for the victim.
- Represented Pro-Bowl NFL athlete in pre-suit contract dispute against NFL Team.
- Represented college football player in criminal investigation by local law enforcement.
- Represented college basketball player in Title IX and criminal investigation.