1299 Ocean Avenue, Suite 450
Santa Monica, California 90401
Chad S. Purdie
Fluent Spanish speaker representing foreign governments, multinational companies, and sports figures in international and domestic litigation and arbitration. Chad is also a licensed athlete agent, assisting professional athletes in their contract negotiations and investment/marketing opportunities.
Chad’s litigation practice focuses on complex commercial cases, entertainment law, intellectual property, business fraud, international law, RICO, and real estate.
His transactional work focuses on sports and entertainment contracts, intellectual property, distribution agreements, and formation of corporate entities that best fit the client’s needs.
Chad serves as the head of the firm’s Los Angeles office.
He is an Anti-Money Laundering Certified Specialist (ACAMS).
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D.
- Arizona State University, B.A., Broadcast Journalism
- University of Havana Language School, Havana, Cuba
- Florida Bar
- California Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Southern District of Florida
- Middle District of Florida
- Eastern District of California
- Central District of California
Areas of Practice
- Appeals & Trial Support
- Athlete Representation & Entertainment Law
- Bankruptcy, Creditors’ Rights, Asset Collections
- Business & Finance Transactions
- Financial Institutions & OFAC
- Fraud & Asset Recovery
- Intellectual Property
- International Government Relations
- Litigation, Arbitration & Mediation
- Real Estate
- Regulatory Compliance
- White Collar Criminal
Certifications & Specializations
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (ACAMS)
- Lecturer, Injunctive Relief in Arbitral Tribunals – International Commercial Arbitration and Mediation Conference before the Union Nacional de Juristas de Cuba (Cuban Bar Assn.) – Havana, Cuba, 2010
- Lecturer, Injunctive Relief in Arbitral Tribunals – Caribbean Congress on International Commercial Arbitration – Havana, Cuba, 2010
- Lecturer, The Cuban Court of International Commercial Arbitration: The Key To Economic Growth Through the Rule of Law? – Association for the Study of the Cuban Economy – Miami, Florida, 2010
- Moderator, China – Latin America Business Seminar with presentations by ambassadors to China from several Latin American countries – Beijing, China, 2011
- 2017 Florida Super Lawyers (Rising Star): International, Business Litigation
- Order of the Coif (University of Miami)
- Inter-American Law Review (University of Miami)
- Dean’s Merit Scholarships (University of Miami)