3400 Miami Tower
100 S.E. 2nd Street, Miami, Florida 33131
Bruna Barbosa focuses her practice on advising individuals and businesses on international inbound and outbound tax issues. She counsels clients on U.S. real estate investments, business organizations, cross-border transactions, pre-immigration tax planning, estate planning, and trusts.
As a Brazilian native, who has traveled extensively, Bruna has a unique global perspective. Her previous experience includes working in Wolfsburg, Germany, within Volkswagen’s Legal Department and in New York City, NY, with a renowned international law firm. Her exposure to the complexities of transatlantic legal conflicts and enforcement of international contracts continues to be a valuable asset to her clients.
Bruna’s legal acumen in the field of international taxation has led to her being a featured speaker in conferences in Latin America and the United States. In her speaking engagements, she is responsible for educating realtors, attorneys, and investors on the complexities of the American tax code, and conducting business within the United States.
Bruna speaks English, Portuguese, Spanish and German.
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, FL (LL.M. in Taxation, 2017)
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, FL (J.D., 2012)
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI (B.S., 2008)
Areas of Practice
- Asset Protection
- Estate planning
- International Tax Planning
- Tax Planning
- Tax Section of the Florida Bar
- International Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Young Lawyers Division Florida Bar
- American Bar Association
- Miami-Dade County Florida Association for Women Lawyers
- Editor-in-Chief of Online Content – Education Committee – Florida Bar Tax Section.
- Florida Bar ILS Tax Committee