3400 Miami Tower
100 S.E. 2nd Street, Miami, Florida 33131
Brant C. Hadaway
Seasoned bilingual (English/Czech) attorney focusing his practice on international commercial disputes, contracts, and regulatory compliance on behalf of foreign and domestic clients in the U.S. and abroad.
Also skilled in arbitration, intellectual property disputes, foreign sovereign immunity and liability, deceptive trade practices and consumer fraud litigation, insurance coverage, employment law, and maritime law. Mr. Hadaway leads the firm’s recently established Unmanned Aircraft Systems (“UAS”) practice. He writes about emerging UAS issues at DroneLaw.com.
He played key role in winning a 2008 multimillion-dollar media-rights dispute on behalf of the Honduran National Soccer Federation (Federacion Nacional Autonoma de Futbol de Honduras), earning his Diaz Reus team a Daily Business Review nomination for Most Effective Lawyers in International Law.
Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ awards Mr. Hadaway an A/V rating for his legal ability and professional ethics, based on the candid feedback and opinions of other lawyers.
- Florida State University, B.S., Criminology, 1985
- University of Southern California, M.F.A., Motion Picture Production, 1989
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., 2001
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida
- Supreme Court of England & Wales
Areas of Practice
- Appeals & Trial Support
- Financial Institutions & OFAC
- Fraud & Asset Recovery
- Intellectual Property
- International Government Relations
- Litigation, Arbitration & Mediation
- Regulatory Compliance
- Preeminent, A/V Rated by Martindale Hubbell, Peer Review Ratings
- Selected Florida Rising Stars 2009-2011, Florida Super Lawyers
- Finalist, Daily Business Review’s 2008 Most Effective Lawyer’s Award (International Law)
- Burton Award for Legal Achievement (a national legal writing award)
- Soya Mentschikoff Award for Excellence in Scholarly Writing (University of Miami)
- Florida Bar Association, International Law Section
- American Bar Association
- The Federalist Society
- Miami-Dade County Bar Association
- The Law Society of England & Wales